To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Five years later, we’ve stumbled across something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
SunShare is seeking a candidate to work as a full time Financial Analyst. This unique opportunity will allow the successful candidate to gain experience in the growing field of solar energy, learn from some of the most experienced and dedicated professionals in the space, and contribute actively to the growth of an entrepreneurial company making the transition from a start-up to a national enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the EVP of Finance and Corporate Development along with other SunShare management personnel in creating and maintaining financial models in connection with new capital investments, tax equity investment, M&A, project development, and related third party corporate and project financings
- Analyze strategic and financial opportunities and present recommendations to senior management and shareholders
- Design, build and maintain budget-to-actual analyses, planning and forecasting at multiple levels ranging from departmental to business unit, adhering to the strategy determined by executive management
- Strong technical capability to build and maintain credit risk rating models for commercial/business customers
- Enhance existing finance and accounting tools, mine existing data sets, support the development of new architecture to incorporate dynamic sales and operational projection models, and create engaging and professional presentations to convey information to various stakeholders.
- The Financial Analyst will also be called upon to assist in general industry research, competitive analysis, RFP response support, and new-market strategy development as needed by the company
- Management of transaction data room
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 3 years direct relevant finance experience in either banking or finance
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent Excel skills and VBA experience required
- Project finance experience highly preferred
- Sound understanding of financial accounting
- A strong commitment to SunShare’s core values of being Friendly, Inquisitive, Transparent, Results-Driven, and Environmental