About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc. is North America’s leading solar development company. In operation since 2009, OYA Solar develops and finances large-scale solar energy projects in the United States and Canada, bringing cost effective energy and economic benefits to local communities and municipalities. We focus on community solar, C&I, and utility-scale projects. Collectively, OYA’s principals have developed, constructed, and financed over 1,000 MW in solar PV projects in more than 11 states and provinces.
We are seeking a Director/Senior Director, Power Origination and Structuring to lead growth in our commercial power origination efforts in the United States and Canada. The successful candidate will have experience in directing power origination efforts across multiple market segments to drive the origination, pricing, and structuring of financial and physical PPAs or off-take agreements. Candidates with previous relationships with customer segments and power markets in the commercial renewable energy and community solar business are preferred. You will work with our Origination, Development, and Financing teams to help develop projects or M&A opportunities in our desired markets.
- Deliver off-take agreements from solar PV projects (incl. revenue, margin goals, target volume)
- Collaborate with stakeholders and negotiate power contracts
- Develop creative deal structures and recommendations to support financing negotiations, help differentiate product offering, and reduce collateral requirements
- Monitor traditional PPA markets in NYISO, ISO-NE, and PJM for opportunities in market-based hedge arrangements
- Build relationships with origination, trading, or procurement desks within utility companies, municipalities, cooperatives, power marketers, investment banks, and C&I off-takers
- Collaborate with the Power Marketer to drive and execute deliverables and timetables
- Identify RFP opportunities and drive PPA targets from outside the traditional RFP processes
- Advanced post graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in management and power origination roles
- 5+ years of experience in PPA transactions
- Strong skills in identifying and executing transactions and commercial deals
- Advanced knowledge of North American utility-scale solar markets, power markets, and customers, and segments (incl. within CCAs, IPPs, IOUs, Commercial & Industrial companies, Cooperatives, Municipalities, and Government Agencies)
- Up-to-date knowledge of NYISO, ISO-NE, and PJM markets
- Knowledge of renewable energy storage, over-the-counter forward markets, power markets, futures markets, and physical markets preferred
- Ability to build and keep strong customer relationships throughout multiple levels of an organization.
Please send your resume to Janet Janzen to apply for this position: firstname.lastname@example.org