Position Overview: Not okay with fossil fuels driving our planet into oblivion? Neither are we. That’s why we started Solstice. 80% of America is locked out of the solar market because they cannot install solar on their roof. Solstice radically expands access to clean energy by providing community-shared solar power to American households. This model enables any resident to enjoy clean energy at no upfront cost and save money on their electric bill.
We are seeking a Revenue Operations leader who can combine data, systems, processes and people to drive Solstice’s customer efforts to new heights. You will plan and architect Solstice’s revenue systems across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Business Development processes. This role requires an analytically-minded individual who is eager to streamline old processes, develop new ones, create structure and automation, and analyze data to map out the path to achieving goals. This position comes with significant responsibility, as the majority of work will revolve around high impact decisions made alongside the cofounders of the company and all of the department heads (Sales/Outreach, Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development, Tech/Product, Operations/Finance). In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to understand how Solstice’s revenue teams function, apply strategy, and formulate a data-driven path to success. If you’re passionate about business, and are looking to make an impact on the ground level of an organization that’s changing the energy industry, Solstice is looking for you!
- Own the customer journey across all teams to allow Solstice to scale, while eliminating redundancies and driving a customer- and revenue-focused mentality
- Develop and define organizational KPIs and sales funnel metrics to set goals, while managing cross-functional reporting and analytics
- Lead the sales planning process to forecast sales numbers, construct models and determine human resource needs
- Serve as the systems architect and operational owner across all revenue streams at Solstice; collaborate with multiple teams at Solstice to ensure that our customer acquisition and customer management/service model is efficient and effective
- Own the models for sales rep productivity, team planning, and compensation strategy, while delivering insights and recommendations to leadership based on these models and analyses
- Work across teams to increase communication, integrate systems and reduce process friction between Marketing, Outreach, Customer Success, Business Development, Software/Tech, and Operations/Finance
- Implement new sales/marketing systems, processes, and strategies, while utilizing Salesforce, Excel, SQL, HubSpot, Aircall, data analytics, and sales & marketing enablement softwares
- Study market trends in order to continually make data-driven recommendations to grow revenue; collaborate with the management team by gathering data to make decisions and support long-term goals
- Create sales enablement training programs in order to reduce ramp up time for the Outreach team
- Collaborate with the Marketing team as a marketing operations leader by developing an inbound/outbound marketing lead generation process
- 7+ years of experience in sales, and/or sales or revenue operations
- Experience building out sales and marketing systems and processes
- Project management experience working across multiple teams
- Modeling and/or systems architecture experience (forecasting revenue, sales, budgetary, and staffing plans)
- Powerful analytical skills, and you love creating structure, automation, and efficiency
- Strong background with Salesforce, Excel, SQL, HubSpot, Aircall, data analytics, and sales & marketing enablement softwares
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- B2C experience preferred, B2B experience sufficient; demonstrated ability to sell and delight customers
- Team-oriented collaborator and personable
- Extraordinary attention to detail, creative, enthusiastic, proactive, gritty
- Hungry to learn about the energy industry, clean energy, and the community solar market
- Access to a laptop is a requirement
As a Director of Revenue Operations You Will Gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, which is experiencing rapid and sustained growth, particularly the community solar industry
- A bird’s eye view of the organization from delving into multiple departments’ planning, processes, and strategy
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
- The ability to contribute to a bustling startup and grow your own impact quickly within the organization
- The opportunity to work with committed and cordial teammates on high-growth, high-impact issues (e.g. clean energy, climate change mitigation, sustainability)
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities. Furthermore, our application process was built to eliminate biases, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experiences to apply!
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and an open layout office. Apply today and get to know us!