Description: Clean Energy Collective (CEC) is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Director of Real Estate and Permitting to join their experienced team that has successfully developed more than 80 projects in New England during the last four years. This position is fully responsible for the oversight and management of project permitting for projects within a given regional, utilizing CEC’s well established process and toolset. Responsibilities include: interfacing with outside resources to evaluate projects and sites, identifying permitting processes, managing internal and external resources to obtain necessary permits and approvals in the shortest timeframe possible with minimal impact to the project, and ensuring proper documentation and reporting throughout the permitting cycle. This is a full-time position based at CEC’s Worcester, Massachusetts office, can involve remote/home-based work, and will require some travel as well as some nights and weekends.
1. Manage the permitting cycle for projects.
2. Identify permitting process and expected timeframes
3. Identify, contract and manage external resources such as civil engineers and environmental firms as necessary to support permitting requirements
4. Arrange, schedule and conduct key project meetings.
5. Attend weekly project pipeline meeting to identify upcoming projects and associated tasks
6. Manage project tasks within the online Project Management System
- Update anticipated completion dates, actual completion dates, and comments on a daily basis
- Upload project specific information as it is provided by outside resources. Ensure the latest version of all documents is always uploaded.
7. Manage External vendors
- Obtain proposals, review, and select key vendors such as civil engineering and environmental firms
- Manage the selected firms to ensure timely deliverables as necessary to ensure prompt permitting timeframe.
- Review local permitting requirements and identify permitting process for each project
- Meet with abutters as necessary to minimize delays to the permitting process o Attend all local hearings during permitting process
- Identify and obtain easements required to enable construction of projects
- 5 years’ experience in project development and land entitlement processes in the New England area.
- Knowledge and experience in solar power projects and successful siting and permitting of projects.
- Personal network connections and credibility within the regulatory, utility, and environmental community necessary for the permitting of community solar arrays.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer familiarity.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and independently competent.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast–paced, entrepreneurial office setting.
The Company: Clean Energy Collective (CEC) is the nation’s leading developer of community solar solutions. CEC pioneered the model of delivering clean power-generation through medium-scale solar PV facilities accessible to all utility customers. Since establishing the country’s first community-owned solar array near El Jebel, Colorado in 2010, CEC has built or has under development more than 175 RooflessSolar™ projects with 33 utility partners across 16 states, serving thousands of customers, and representing more than 400 MW of community solar capacity. CEC is also the leading provider of community solar software and services to the utility, development and financial industries through its Community Solar Platform™. Visit www.cleanenergyco.com for more information.
Reports to: VP of Project Development – New England
Base Salary- based upon experience, plus significant incentive compensation
Benefits – Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, Company Equity Plan, 401K
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.