The Director of Project Engineering (DPE) is responsible for assisting NSE Structuring and Origination in securing solar projects including estimating, design coordination, risk mitigation and technical review (e.g. production, schedules, scope-of-work).
- Review engineering designs for accuracy and provide recommendations for performance/cost optimization.
- Provide timely technical or other relevant project information necessary to meet internal processes or controls including developing summarized project EPC budget by reviewing and consolidating numbers from different sources.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, as needed etc).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including technical impacts to the financial model (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Analyze information, and identify problem resolutions, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues with the NSE Structuring team as necessary.
- Developing and writing proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- As necessary, develop and negotiate sub-contractor, consultant or engineering agreements including safety plans, schedules and scope-of-work necessary to fulfill project requirements.
- Work closely with NSE Operations for coordinating inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Supporting NSE internal teams through the financial closings of projects.
- 7+ years of solar engineering and/or development experience involving multiple MW+ scale solar installations
- Strong educational credentials including a Masters degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well with cross-functional teams, including Origination, Structuring, Operations and Finance.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Project; PV Syst; other solar project management or engineering software.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Salary, Annual Performance Bonus, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life and Long Term Disability and 401k)
- Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.