Pivot Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its team. We seek to cultivate an inclusive culture that celebrates all identities and values the unique perspectives that they bring to the workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Pivot Energy is accelerating the shift to clean energy in communities throughout the nation, by developing, financing, and servicing commercial solar, community solar, and energy storage projects. We started by building solar systems for small businesses and have since grown to become a Top 100 Solar Contractor with an end-to-end distributed energy platform that helps businesses and communities access clean, solar energy nationwide.
Awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” in Denver for the past two years by the Denver Business Journal, Pivot Energy is a company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. We value balance, professionalism, transparency, and curiosity.
We are proud to operate with a Triple Bottom Line (3BL), measuring our success by the positive impact we make to people, planet, and profit. As a certified B Corporation, we believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to operating this way and helping others learn how they can adopt this revolutionary approach to business.
The individual will be responsible for the successful implementation of a group of projects including site ID and acquisition, due diligence, permitting, utility program steps, and finance and construction support. This is a detail-oriented position that requires the employee to know the market and project dynamics. Acute site and market decisions should be made in collaboration with other departments to ensure successful project delivery. This position may also include supporting CSG subscription sales and/or subscription campaigns.
- Research existing policy, tariffs, and programs in new locations for successful market entry.
- Ensure projects comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and all utility regulations.
- Work with AHJs to shape ordinances, code, and regulations that support solar implementation.
Site Acquisition, Site Development Campaigns
- Develop site acquisition strategy, defining pricing, setting budget, and establishing goals.
- Directly negotiate land leases and collaborate with Pivot’s legal department as necessary.
- Lead permitting and due diligence efforts to de-risk projects and prep for finance/construction.
- Be responsible for land planning, permit submittals, public hearings and other meetings as necessary.
- De-risk project sites from typical threats such as uninsurable access/title, unknown sub-surface conditions, environmental concerns, and utility and interconnection issues.
- Manage internal and external resources to acquire and develop sites.
Utility Program Management
- Usher portfolios of projects through statutory, programmatic, and interconnection steps.
- Maintain constructive relationships with utilities and related governing bodies.
Sales, BD, and Subscription
- Collaborate with internal and external sales resources to subscribe community solar projects.
- Work together with Business Intelligence & SunCentral team on optimal subscriber mix based on program rules, client satisfaction, and financial return.
- Work with internal ops and/or external EPC partner to provide project information necessary to successfully estimate costs and move sites through to NTP.
Finance and Accounting
- Commit to the internal tools to monitor project spending.
- Be part of financial transactions as the project expert and deliver applicable items related to a project as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience in the renewable energy industry with at least 3 years in project development.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary based on relevant experience.
Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, 401(k) match, four weeks of vacation, short term disability, and generous parental leave.
Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee solar program, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year.