About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc. is North America’s leading solar development company. In operation since 2009, OYA Solar develops and finances large-scale solar energy projects in the United States and Canada, bringing cost effective energy and economic benefits to local communities and municipalities. We focus on community solar, C&I, and utility-scale projects. Collectively, OYA’s principals have developed, constructed, and financed over 1,000 MW in solar PV projects in more than 11 states and provinces.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, high-performing sales and marketing leader to lead growth in our community solar business. The ideal candidate is passionate about clean energy and has the exceptional ability to drive subscriptions for our community solar program in the commercial, affordable housing, public, and residential sectors across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic United States. The successful candidate will play a key role in building our Community Solar subscription platform with a strong internal sales team coupled with a network of external partners to manage our relationships with clean energy clients in multiple markets.
- Drive the firm’s sales and marketing strategy to subscribe 100MW of clean energy annually in the company’s core markets
- Capable and willing to manage and develop other individuals to build a high-performing internal sales team
- Create and foster partnerships with 3rd party providers to help businesses, public institutions and residents save money on their energy bills
- Responsible for building relationship with clients and counterparties across markets and geographies
- Work with the Engineering, Construction and Finance teams to manage the subscription allocation strategy and ongoing subscriber relationships
- Be the firm’s key resource on community solar rules, regulations and policies in our core markets and participate in industry and state level stakeholder working groups to drive new growth market prospects
- Working with internal and external legal and regulatory stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance of the firm and all its projects with State-level community solar rules and regulations and to negotiate anchor subscription agreements with our client partners
- Create, manage, and regularly report subscription KPI’s to the Investment Committee to support project financing activities
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, results-oriented, hands-on, and coach / mentor for others internally to help the organization’s growth goals.
Key qualifications include:
- 5+ years of proven success in a sales and marketing role, preferably relationship-based and a track record of achieving sales goals and experience in structuring, negotiating, closing, and managing complex contracts
- 3+ years of experience in the electricity sector, familiarity with power marketing of clean energy products preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, for audiences both familiar and unfamiliar with energy programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Policy, environmental science or similar from an accredited institution. MBA preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience building and managing a CRM platform.
Please send your resume to Janet Janzen to apply for this position: email@example.com