CleanChoice Energy seeks a Development Manager within their solar team who will lead development efforts for projects within its community solar portfolio. This will include advancement of an existing project pipeline along with efforts to build the pipeline through identifying and securing greenfield project opportunities. The Development Manager will report to the Managing Director, Renewable Energy.
- Advance greenfield and acquisition development opportunities, meeting annual business plan targets on time and on budget
- Conduct independent sites visits to assess project viability
- Identify new landowner leads, negotiating land control agreements and conduct pre-development due diligence
- Coordinate interconnection, environmental diligence, permitting and other project development activities with external resources
- Manage outreach campaigns and messaging
- Represent CleanChoice at local, county and state level permitting meetings/public hearings ∙ Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market conditions including policy, interconnection, permitting and competition
- Prepare and manage project schedules communicating reasonable milestone dates ∙ Prepare and manage project budgets including cash flows clearly communicating project spend profiles
- Clearly communicate project funding requests, risk exposure and mitigation
- Coordinate with cross functional teams such as Origination, FP&A, Marketing and Legal
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant filed (i.e. technical, business, science)
- 5+ years of relevant solar development experience, including land origination
- Demonstrated achievement in advancing projects from site identification activities through advanced stages of development
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate and effectively work within multi-disciplinary project teams, establishing sound relationships and work efficiently and courtesy with stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in geographically dispersed environments
- Ability to mentor and manage supporting staff
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs. AutoCad, Sketchup and/or ArcGIS a plus.
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is a leading renewable energy company empowering residential and commercial customers to reduce emissions and support clean energy through 100 percent renewable electricity. CleanChoice’s mission is to make clean energy accessible for everybody. CleanChoice supplies only clean renewable energy to customers, operating in eight states and the District of Columbia, bringing cleaner air closer to home. The company is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Solar Access, recently passed $1.5 million in total corporate donations to environmental and social impact organizations, and has been awarded the highest level of B Corp certification.
The position can be remote or based at CleanChoice Energy's DC HQ. Travel of at least 30% is required.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via www.cleanchoiceenergy.com/careers/.
CleanChoice Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success, and we are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.