ForeFront Power is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. ForeFront Power specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at ForeFront Power designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
Summary of Functions
The Community Solar Advocate will drive local subscriptions of ForeFront Power’s Community Solar Program. This Program provides households, businesses, and public sector agencies the opportunity to subscribe to a local solar project without any installation at the customer’s place of residence or business.
This is a contract position with flexible part-time hours and will be focused on the Eastern Shore of Maryland where ForeFront Power is developing several Community Solar projects for Delmarva Power customers. Ideal candidates will be based in the local area, comfortable calling and visiting local residents, and have basic knowledge of renewable energy.
The Community Solar Advocate will be compensated through a competitive hourly rate plus commission for each household that fully subscribes to a local project. Previous sales or marketing experience is a plus, but not required for this position. We are looking for candidates who are excited about the growth of renewable energy and passionate about expanding solar to those who had previously not been able to adopt due to site constraints or home ownership requirements.
- Educate local residents on the benefits of Community Solar.
- Represent ForeFront Power as a local brand ambassador.
- Understand the Community Solar product and subscription process.
- Visit local residents door-to-door to deliver literature on ForeFront Power’s Community Solar Program.
- Make outbound calls to potential customers when not traveling door-to-door.
- Available 10 to 20 hours per week.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Current college students are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have completed a post-secondary degree are also welcome.
- Possess a passion for renewable energy in Maryland.
- Ability to interface smoothly in internal meetings and externally with the general public or customers and maintain a positive professional demeanor.
- Must have smartphone
- Reliable transportation and a valid drivers license required. You will be compensated for mileage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Candidates should be based on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and will be working remotely. ForeFront Power will hold a training for Community Solar Advocates in early 2019.
Community Solar Advocates are encouraged to canvas during evening and weekend hours. We support flexible work arrangements and scheduling to suit existing class or work commitments. This is a part-time contract position ineligible for benefits.