Position overview: Solstice seeks an enterprising, self-starting individual to assist in our rapidly expanding business development efforts. You’ll work directly with one of the co-founders and be responsible for expansion efforts across a variety of stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in outreach to solar project developers with an objective of identifying and winning significant new business opportunities for Solstice
- Solar developer partnership management, managing information requests to/from developer partners
- Research of and outreach to utilities to cultivate opportunities for collaboration
- Development of solar project financial models by state, incorporating a thorough understanding of various state-specific financial incentives and compensation mechanisms
- Potential for participation in community solar policy advocacy, particularly in new states starting to develop community solar policies
- Experience or strong interest in growing early-stage businesses or identifying new opportunities for growth
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to articulate value proposition to external stakeholders with passion and energy
- Proficient in MS Office suit, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Extraordinary attention to detail, creative, personable, enthusiastic, proactive, team-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders and partners
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
As a Business Development Fellow, you will gain:
- Experience articulating and pitching Solstice’s services to prospective partners and customers
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Understanding of community solar developer and utility landscape
- Hands on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and the occasional after-work beer. Apply today and get to know us!