ForeFront Power is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. ForeFront Power specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at ForeFront Power designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Business Analyst will support all aspects of energy storage business development, including market research and analysis, evaluation of new markets and development of recommendations to management, detailed financial analysis of solar and energy storage opportunities, and development of presentations and other materials. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development, Energy Storage, and will work in cross-functional teams supporting all aspects of growing the energy storage business at ForeFront Power.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track and evaluate emerging regulatory rulings and assess potential for market viability for energy storage, develop recommendations for new market entry
- Conduct detailed financial analysis of energy storage projects, prepare recommendations of optimal energy storage size and preferred technology by analyzing energy data and utility rates to optimize financial returns
- Assess economic viability of energy storage projects and propose ways to increase project revenue streams or reduce costs
- Prepare internal and external presentations and proposals, including RFP responses, analytics and communication
- Support vendor relationships, maintain knowledge of energy storage technologies and incorporate technical aspects into financial and market analysis, as appropriate
- Interface closely with Sales, Project Finance, Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help guide projects forward quickly and efficiently
- Design and prepare financial reports, including budget reports, sales forecasts and project portfolio status reports
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities, create new tools and processes to increase effectiveness of the energy storage team
- Assist in the collection, coordination, and preparation of communication and documentation, including supplier and customer contracts, utility applications and RFP responses
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the ForeFront Power team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Financial modeling experience
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client-specific
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though ForeFront Power believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
The position is based in San Francisco. New York City or Denver, CO or remote locations are potential for exceptional candidates. The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward. Frequent travel within the United States is required.
This is a regular, full-time position eligible for benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; education assistance; Paid Time Off; and 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this position.