Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Assistant Project Manager to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Assistant Project Manager typically has a minimum of 3 years of experience in construction, engineering or design/build projects. The Assistant Project Manager works in close coordination with project managers to support the execution of projects.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1) Support project managers on a variety of technical, commercial and logistical tasks, including permitting, RFI’s, technical assessment, customer interaction, and utility coordination.
• Prepare manuals and other technical documents (pre-mobilization checklist, close out checklist, close out manuals, O&M handoff checklist, etc.).
• Prepare interconnection applications and manage the utility interconnection process.
• Prepare AHJ permit packages and manage the permitting process.
• Prepare bid documents and manage subcontractor bid / buy out process.
2) Prepare and submit construction requisitions.
3) Organize and carry out assigned duties with limited guidance.
• Take initiative to establish detailed requirements of a task and provide a complete solution or response.
• Provide clear and accurate communications to colleagues on status of work and expected completion.
• Work effectively with diverse teams to accomplish primary objectives.
4) Investigate project issues as directed by PM; examine alternatives and present potential solutions.
• Prepare and submit Requests-for-Information (RFI’s). Distribute responses to appropriate parties.
• Coordinate with project engineers, vendors and subcontractors as directed by PM.
5) Support department improvements and Regional Operations Director initiatives.
• In conjunction with the ROD or Senior PMs, develop and improve processes.
• Provide suggestions and feedback for potential areas of improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of experience as a member of a construction team, preferably as an Assistant Project Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Resourceful, “Don’t worry, I’ll figure it out” attitude
• Ability to work well in teams
• Biased towards action
• Level headed particularly when feeling pressured
• Desire to grow a career in the construction business generally and the renewable energy business specifically.
• Open to new work ideas
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Click the link below to apply on Borrego Solar's online job portal:
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)