At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
AES Distributed Energy (DE) is seeking an Asset Operations Manager-Performance Engineer to support its growing portfolio of photovoltaic (PV) solar facilities throughout the U.S.
AES DE, a wholly owned subsidiary of The AES Corporation, specializes in developing, owning, and operating distributed generation PV solar projects and PV solar combined with battery energy storage systems (BESS). AES DE currently has over 200 MW of solar energy projects in operation in the U.S., with an additional 100+ MW in construction and 500+ MW contracted or in development.
With a business goal to grow our operating portfolio to 1,000+ MW by 2022, and a development pipeline to support achieving that goal, now is an amazing time to join the AES DE team as it prepares for this exponential growth.
AES’ mission is to improve lives by accelerating a safer and greener energy future. We are a global, agile, cohesive organization with an employee engagement level akin to a startup company. AES businesses throughout the world are often recognized as great places to work. Our people share a passion to help meet the world’s current and increasing energy needs, while providing communities and countries the opportunity for economic growth due to the availability of reliable, affordable electric power.
Safety First - Self-starter - Innovative Thinker - Driven by Excellence - Team Player - Accountable
If these characteristics describe key elements of who you are as a person, we want you as part of our team on this next phase of our exciting journey!
A day in the life of an AES DE Asset Operations Manager-Performance Engineer includes:
monitoring and evaluating key performance metrics of the operating projects, managing and coordinating maintenance service providers, planning and conducting preventative and reactive maintenance of the operating projects, managing stakeholder relationships (host, offtaker, ISO, etc.),and supporting other AES DE groups (BD, Finance, Accounting, Legal, Engineering, Construction) with technical and performance insight and analysis.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years professional experience in performance management, operation, maintenance, and asset management of commercial/utility scale PV solar systems. This position will be based at AES DE’s headquarters in Boulder, CO. Travel is expected to be 10-15% and mostly in the mainland U.S.
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual performance reports, inclusive a detailed variance analysis
- Ensure compliance with key project contracts (PPAs, IAs, Lease, Finance, O&M, etc.).
- Manage warranty claims processes with EPC providers and equipment vendors.
- Support monthly energy billing process as necessary.
- Manage/support regulatory compliance.
- Conduct pre-commissioning inspections of facilities under construction in support of creating, and subsequently closing, the project punch list.
- Support the preparation of an annual budget and manage project responsibilities in accordance with the same.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum five years PV solar and BESS experience strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field – MBA a strong plus.
- Knowledgeable of the programs and protocols associated with SCADA, DAS and remote monitoring.
- Experience utilizing CRM, PMP, and ERP systems, developing metrics and dashboards, and managing operations teams and contractors through the use of database tools and metrics.
- Knowledgeable in the systems, processes and protocols guiding the operations and maintenance of industrial PV solar plants and electrical systems (NFPA 70e, Lockout/Tagout/Grounding, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend equipment/facility schematics.
- Personal values consistent with those of the AES Corporation; Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Agility and Fun.
- High degree of commitment to a quality safety culture and an incident-free work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well versed in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. to support company’s portfolio of PV solar/BESS assets.