Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Billing Specialist to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position: Borrego is looking for a team player who is self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks. Reporting to the Treasury Manager, this successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the treasury department with an emphasis on customer billings, collections and contract payment section review.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare billings daily and collect/provide all required documentation needed for submission to the customer.
- Responsible for communicating with the project management team to ensure billings are sent timely.
- Review payment section of the engineering, construction and procurement contracts for billing requirements and setting up customer schedule of values.
- Responsible for AR collections.
- File Preliminary lien notices.
- Process cash receipts.
- Month-end and quarter-end closing responsibilities related to AR, billings and revenue.
- Assist with auditor requests during quarterly and annual review.
- Preform ad-hoc reporting, as required.
- Other job related duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 2+ years working as a billing specialist
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Construction experience is a plus.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)